[This Cup & Pint Cozy is the third pattern in the 4 week Summer Stash Busting CAL happening June 1-28.]
I am a huge fan of any kind of crocheted cozy! First off they are reusable and washable! Secondly they actually have a great purpose.
I love using cup cozies for on the go drinks that are hot or cold and at home I love using them when we make homemade smoothies or milkshakes.
And every once in a while do you like to enjoy some Ice Cream straight from the Pint?? If so, you will absolutely love having an Ice Cream Pint Cozy on hand! I think a Pint Cozy is just a genius idea.
About This Pattern:
With this pattern there is no difference in how to make the Cup Cozy and how to make the Pint Cozy. The pattern is exactly the same for both expect the number of rows that are worked.
This pattern uses weight #4 or weight #3 cotton yarn. 2 stands of yarn are held together to create the finished item. I have worked a cozy with 2 strands of weight #4 yarns held together and I also made a cozy with a strand of weight #4 and a strand of weight #3 held together. Whatever you have on hand in your stash should work for this.
↓ Pin this pattern for later! ↓
- Yarn: #4 Worsted Weight or #3 DK Weight – 2 strands of cotton held together – Cup Cozy example is Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend & Lily Sugar N Cream; Pint Cozy example is Lion Brand Comfy Cotton Blend & I Love This Cotton
- Hook: US Size (I/9) 5.5 mm crochet hook
- Other Tools: Yarn Needle, Scissors
- Cup – 3″ x 4.5″ flat
- Pint – 3″ x 5″ flat
Stitches/Abbreviations: US Terms
- ch – chain
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- sk – skip
- yo – yarn over
- blo – back loop only
- sc – single crochet
- sc2tog – single crochet 2 stitches together (see special stitch)
- sc2tog over 3 sts – insert hook in next st, yo, pull through, sk one st, insert hook in next st, yo, pull through, yo, pull through all loops on hook (3 loops)
- Work the first row in the back bump/bar of the beginning chain stitches.
- The pattern for the cup cozy and the pint cozy are the exact same. The only difference is the number of rows worked for each design.
- When sharing on social media use the hashtag: #simplyhookedbyjanet
- Template inserts are from The Knotty Boss on Etsy.
You can get an ad-free PDF copy of this pattern here:
Instructions: (Cup, Pint)
Row 1: 2 sc in second ch from hook, sc in next 4, sc2tog over 3 sts, sc in next 4, 2 sc in last, turn – 13 sts.
Rows 2 – 18 (20): Ch 1, in blo from here on, 2 sc in first, sc in next 4, sc2tog over 3 sts, sc in next 4, 2 sc in last, turn – 13 sts. Do not fasten off.
Bring the last row and the first row together. Ch 1. Working in the back loop of the last row and the back loop of the first row slip stitch together. Fasten off and weave in ends. Turn right side out.
Copyright protected. You may not redistribute pattern after purchase or publish any part as your own including photos. If sharing online you must link back to this original post. You may sell finished products and if possible, reference back to this pattern and/or give credit to Simply Hooked by Janet as the original designer.