Crochet this fun New Year 2023 colorwork cup cozy!
This crochet cup cozy pattern is a fun and quick project. Use up those scrap yarns to make a few of these.
The 2 yarns used for this coffee sleeve were already in my yarn stash. The dark gray is WeCrochet Mighty Stitch and the white is Yarn Bee Tweed Indeed (discontinued).
Like the cup template used in the photo? Check it out on ETSY here. Also check out this iced drink template.
Crochet New Year Cup Cozy Pattern Details:
This crochet cup cozy pattern uses a worsted weight 4 yarn.
Most worsted weight yarns should work for this project as long as they are not too thin.
The only stitch used for this colorwork pattern is the single crochet stitch. Each round is also worked in the back loop only.
Basic knowledge of how to work crochet color changes is needed to complete this project.
If you crochet tight you may want to go up a hook size. You can even add a couple more stitches at the beginning or end of each round.
Find the past new year cup cozy patterns here:
- Yarn: #4 Worsted Weight; Main Color (A), Contrast Color (B)
- Hook: US Size (F/5) 3.75 mm crochet hook
- Other Tools: Yarn Needle, Scissors
Stitches/Abbreviations: US Terms
- ch – chain
- sl st – slip stitch
- st (s) – stitch(es)
- sc – single crochet
- blo – back loop only
- fsc – foundation single crochet
- The inactive yarn is carried throughout the cozy under the active yarn stitches.
- Do not pull the yarn too tight that is carried inside the stitches.
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch.
- First single crochet of each round is always worked in the stitch you joined to.
- This pattern is worked in the back loop only.
- Like the cup template used in the photo? Check it out on ETSY here. Also check out this iced drink template.
Instructions: 2023 New Year Cup Cozy
Round 1: With A (the main background color), fsc 35, join to first st.
Ch 35, join to first ch, ch 1, sc in each around, join.
- Continuing with Round 2, follow each numbered round of the graph.
- Remember that each block represents a single crochet (sc st).
- Each round you will be working in the back loop only.
- Always ch 1 to start a new round and work in the same stitch you joined to.
GRAPH OPTION 1: 2023
GRAPH OPTION 2: ’23
Fasten off and weave in ends after last round.
Copyright protected. You may not redistribute pattern after purchase or after viewing on my website. You may not publish any part as your own including photos. If sharing online you must link back to this original post. You may sell finished products and if possible, reference back to this pattern and/or give credit to Simply Hooked by Janet as the original designer.