This is an easy textured hat pattern that only uses 1 stitch throughout. The number 1 goal with this hat was to design a hat that could be worked up in 1 hour. Depending on how well you read patterns and once you get use to this specific pattern you can be slightly above or below that 1 hour mark.
This pattern is part of Made With A Twist’s 1 day blog hop on January 26, 2021. The theme is 1 hour beanies! If you are a maker that sells your items you will definitely benefit from these 1 hour patterns.
Visit the Roundup post by clicking the graphic below to view all 10 1 Hour Beanie patterns.
You can grab the bundle of these 10 1 hour crochet beanies by clicking the button below.
If you know how to work in the round, work single crochet stitches and work in the back loop only then you should be all set to start this easy textured hat pattern.
This easy textured hat uses a bulky weight #5 yarn and a size L/8.0mm crochet hook. You are going to love the end result of your Easy Peasy Textured Beanie. There will also be size adjusting notes to go along with this hat as well.
You you like this easy textured beanie pattern you may also like my Cascade Beanie. You can find that HERE.
↓ Pin this pattern for later! ↓
- Yarn: 95 Yards of #5 Bulky Weight Yarn; Lion Brand Color Made Easy or Loops & Threads Eco-Cozy or suitable substitute
- Hook: US Size (L/11) 8.0 mm crochet hook
- Other Tools: Yarn Needle, Scissors
- Adult S/M (20-21” circumference)
- Adult L (22-23” circumference)
- 9 sc sts x 9 rows = 4” (10 cm)
Stitches/Abbreviations: US Terms
- ch – chain
- sl st – slip stitch
- st (s) – stitch(es)
- sc – single crochet
- blo – back loop only
- sc2tog – single crochet 2 stitches together
- fsc – foundation single crochet
- This is worked in the round from the bottom up.
- When joining to complete a round, join to the first st in that round with a sl st unless specified otherwise.
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch.
- When sharing on social media use the hashtags: #simplyhookedbyjanet #easypeasytexturedbeanie
- Sizing Notes:
- Always check gauge first. Need help with gauge? Read about it HERE.
- Another way to adjust size with this beanie is to work the foundation chain in a multiple of 6.
- You can always adjust your hook size up or down to change the sizing slightly for this hat.
You can get an ad-free PDF copy of this pattern here:
Instructions: S/M (L)
Round 1: Fsc 36 (42), join – 36 (42) sts.
Ch 36 (42), join, ch 1, sc in each around, join – 36 (42) sts.
Rounds 2-4: Ch 1, blo sc in each around, join – 36 (42) sts.
Round 5: Ch 1, *sc in next 3, blo sc in next 3; repeat around, do not join – 36 (42) sts.
*not joining after Round 5 and any Round 5 repeat creates a less visible seam*
Round 6: Blo sc in 1st placing a st marker in this st, blo sc in next 2, sc in next 3, *blo sc in next 3, sc in next 3; repeat from * around, join – 36 (42) sts.
Rounds 7-16: Repeat Rounds 5 & 6.
Round 17: Ch 1, *sc in next 3, blo sc in next, blo sc2tog; repeat from * around, join – 30 (35) sts.
Round 18: Ch 1, *blo sc in next, blo sc2tog, sc in next 2; repeat from * around, join – 24 (28) sts.
Round 19: Ch 1, sc2tog around, join – 12 (14) sts.
Fasten off leaving a 10-inch tail.
Using a yarn needle, weave the 10-inch tail in and out of the top of the stitches in the last round. Pull tight. Weave in ends